Closed: When filled
Project Chimps is located on 236-acres of forest in the Blue Ridge Mountains of rural northern Georgia. Project Chimps is seeking part time office assistant to help with general office duties, and who is committed to our mission of providing the highest standard of lifetime sanctuary care to chimpanzees in need. The office assistant will not be providing direct care to the chimpanzees, but will have the opportunity to be trained to be around chimpanzees safely if interested. This position is currently 20 hours a week, but has the potential to grow to full time (which would include full benefits) over the next year. This position reports to the CEO at this time.
- Provide general office support including answering phones, handling mailings, escorting vendors in/out of the property, running errands
- Maintain an inventory of office and operational supplies and make sure supplies are reordered before running out
- Assist with travel scheduling and planning for Project Chimps’ CEO and other staff
- Work with outside billing department and bookkeeper to ensure billing is handled promptly and outside vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Above job duties are not intended to be all-inclusive
- High school diploma
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- One year of general office/administrative support experience
- Experience handling billing/accounts payable
- Have a philosophy of care which complements Project Chimps’ mission
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in variable weather conditions as well as in physically demanding terrain
- Basic computer/tablet proficiency
- Good observational, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong communication skills and enjoy being part of a team
- Availability to work weekends and some holidays
- Willingness to meet all staff health standards and immunizations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Education or experience in primate behavior, husbandry, or related field
- Experience using Salsa (our constituent management database)
- Experience with bookkeeping
- Interest in chimpanzees!
- Familiarity with the local Blue Ridge community
- $10-$12/per hour depending on education and experience
- Benefits are not available for part time positions but if the position grows to full time, benefits would include medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Prorated paid leave
- Tuberculosis testing and mandatory vaccinations will be covered by employer
To formally apply, please indicate the position for which you are applying and submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and list of three professional references to email@example.com with “Office Assistant” in the subject line.